CBSE Syllabus for Class 5 to 12
CBSE Syllabus contains the list of topics and subtopics to be covered in the course of study during an academic year. Syllabus for CBSE includes a summary and list of chapters to be studied during the teaching and learning process in a particular class. Most of the national entrance exam ask questions based on CBSE syllabus. Every year CBSE issues the syllabus for class 5 to 12. Right from the basic information to a detailed one, the syllabus contains all the information needed by a student and the teacher.
Here we have provided the CBSE curriculum for class 5 to class 12 in a detailed manner for all the subjects. NCERT releases the books which are purely based on the CBSE syllabus. Students are strictly recommended to study from NCERT Books. To every student, it’s important to know the syllabus at the beginning of the academic session. This will help them in understanding what they have to study in the entire year. Also, they can plan their studies in advance.
CBSE Reduced Syllabus 2020-21
The Central Board of Secondary Education has reduced the syllabus for class 5 to 12 for the academic session 2020-21. The board has reduced the syllabus by 30% for all the major subjects retaining the core concepts. The CBSE Reduced Syllabus 2020-21 have been finalised by the respective Course Committees with the approval of the Curriculum Committee and Governing Body of the Board. The CBSE revised curriculum will help students to lessen the burden of studies during the pandemic situation of COVID-19. The new CBSE Syllabus 2020-21 will allow students to focus on less topics and helps them to cover the syllabus faster when the schools resume again. On this page, students will find the latest revised CBSE syllabus 2020-21 along with the details of unit-names/chapters/topics deleted from the syllabus.
Objective of the CBSE Curriculum
CBSE aims to achieve the following objective through its designed curriculum;
- Students should explore their inner potential and enhance self-awareness.
- They learn to utilize technology and information for the betterment of humanity.
- They must inculcate the values and cultural learning in them.
- They could able to promote life skills, set their own goals and acquire knowledge for lifelong learning.
- They could express their talent in public and also appreciate others for good work.
- Students should strengthen their knowledge and develop livelihood skills.
- Students should be physically fit, healthy and well being.
- They must try to achieve cognitive, affective and psychomotor excellence.